My friend Melissa over at Eyes Bigger Than My Stomach just did a most delicious looking salad that is based on Pomegranate and Persimmon. It looks absolutely splendid! I, myself, have been eying up the persimmon’s at the market, wondering what the hell to do with them if I did ever get them! Lone behold, Melissa to the rescue.
You can judge for yourself.
So, without further ado: the Melissa version of the Endive Salad with Persimmons or as I like to call it:
Persimmon & Pomegranate Salad with Chicken
- 1 box or bag of fresh Romaine hearts
- seeds from 1 large pomegranate
- 2 ripe Fuyu persimmons
- 1/2 lb of feta, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp plus 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup of toasted pistachio nuts coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp of snipped chives (reserve blossoms for garnish if you feel fancy!)
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to season
- 3-4 chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips – like for stir frying
You’ll find the complete recipe here!